Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Baked Oatmeal




My kids are C-RAZY about oatmeal! They love it made traditionally for breakfast, eat it in blueberry muffins, as granola, and their absolute favorite is when I use it to make peanut butter fudge (that recipe will come later!). Because of their love for oatmeal, I decided to try this new recipe out. This was given to me by a friend on a parenting forum that I've been a member of for years. The toppings can be adapted to whatever fruits, nuts, berries, honey, etc. that you have laying around the house. We always have honey, cinnamon, and raisins in our pantry, so that's what I used. Thanks for sharing, Shawn!

Ingredients:

2 eggs

2 cups of milk

1/2 cup oil

2/3 cup brown sugar

3 cups oats

1 tsp. vanilla

2 tsp. baking powder

whatever type of fruit, nuts, honey, or raisins you like

Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Grease an 8x8 pan. Pour in ingredients. Top with chopped up fruit/nuts/honey/etc. Sprinkle with sugar and/or cinnamon. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until golden brown.




2 comments:

  1. I made this last weekend and half of my pyrex was brown sugar & nuts and the other half was bananas, fresh raspberries, and raisins. It was so yummy to have some of both! I am going to make this again!

    caplingers2002

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atticus has been showing signs of "oatmeal fatigue" so I finally got around to making this so I could get some oatmeal in him in an alternative form. Easy, delicious, perfect! Thanks to you and Shawn for sharing this recipe. Now that Ryan is back to work, I'm doing more of the cooking again, so I look forward to trying more of your recipes. Thanks, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete