Monday, September 28, 2009

Big Bird's Banana Bread



I got this recipe when I was six. I read a book about Big Bird, and he shared this recipe in it. I have kept the recipe since! It is so simple and delicious, and the best part is that it is really healthy! There is no white sugar added, only natural honey. Rheve got to eat this as one of his first "real" foods and LOVED it.

Ingredients:
2 or 3 bananas (use the ones that are turning black, so you don't waste them!)
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1.5 cups flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

Mash your bananas with a fork and add the melted butter to them. Stir. Add all of your other ingredients and mix. Pour in a greased loaf pan and bake for one hour.


4 comments:

  1. I'm totally making this! What size loaf pan do you use? Just a the full-sized one or a little smaller? The ingredients just don't sound like it makes a huge amount of batter...am I wrong?

    Also, I love the teapot in the background... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just use a regular-size loaf pan. It makes a pretty decent-sized loaf, actually.

    I love the teapot, too. . .that was a garage sale find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is in the oven and i can't wait to see how it tastes!!! yummy!!!

    caplingers2002

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids were fighting over this tonight for snack! I only cooked it for 45 minutes and it came out perfect. I think my oven is a little too hot so make sure you check it the last 15 minutes! This will be a regular in my house. I added walnuts!!!

    caplingers2002

    ReplyDelete