Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Buffalo-Style Chicken Pizza and Pizza Dough



Buffalo-Style Chicken Pizza
During my kids' nap time, I often blog-stalk (when I should be studying). I found this recipe while doing this and tweaked it a little for my taste. You can find the hot wing sauce at Wal-Mart, near the bbq sauce.

Ingredients:
2 skinless, boneless breasts
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 ounces of Franks Hot Wing Sauce (be sure to buy the hot wing sauce, not hot sauce)
4 ounces of low-fat cream cheese
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 package dry ranch mix

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

Slice and cook chicken breasts on grill pan or in large frying pan. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, melted butter and hot sauce. Mix well. Mix ranch mix with cream cheese and spread on prepared crust. Top with chicken mixture and shredded cheese.

Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 20-22 minutes. Let set a few minutes before slicing.

Pizza Dough

I took this recipe off of our parenting forum recipe section. It was written by Juli. . .thanks!

Ingredients:
1 package of yeast
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
olive or vegetable oil
cornmeal

Directions:

Dissolve yeast in warm water in a medium bowl. Stir in flour, 2 tablespoons oil, and salt. Beat vigorously 20 strokes. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.

Heat oven to 375. Grease a full-size baking sheet with oil and sprinkle some cornmeal on it. Pat dough into the baking sheet, covering the whole sheet. Cover (with a dish towel) and let rise in warm place 30-45 minutes or until almost doubled. I cooked the dough first for about 15 minutes and then let it cool before adding the pizza toppings. I then put it back in the oven until the cheese was melted (another 20 minutes).

*I made part of the pizza with chicken that was not covered in the wing sauce. I was afraid that it would be too spicy for the little ones. I did not add the melted butter to my sauce mixture. I wanted to try to cut some of the fat. It tasted fabulous, and was a great leftover lunch today!




No comments:

Post a Comment