Friday, September 25, 2009

Zucchini Bread



I love preparing foods for my family to snack on during the day. Having goodies around that are full of ingredients that I control, and NOT full of preservatives, makes me feel good about letting my family eat them. Baking different breads is one of my favorite things to do. I found this zucchini bread recipe while looking through fall-weather yummies, and had to try it out. It is absolutely delicious, and though sweet, is full of healthy zucchini squash. Trick your family into eating their vegetables!!

Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325. Grease two inch loaf pans.


In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.


Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment