Thursday, October 22, 2009

Banana Bars



This recipe was given to me in a small cookbook written by "4 Chicks Catering." They are a group of four women at our church who cook and feed all of the Vacation Bible School workers during the six weeks leading up to VBS each summer. They are awesome! Thanks, 4 Chicks!

Ingredients:
1.5 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2 eggs
1.5 cups banana
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup nuts

Frosting Ingredients:
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

In a large bowl, cream sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs for one minute. Add the bananas and vanilla, and mix for another minute. Add the flour, soda, and nuts. Mix for another minute. Do not overmix. Pour into pan (I use a 9x13 baking dish). Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool slightly.

Mix cream cheese and vanilla with beaters. Add the powdered sugar slowly and mix well. Frost the banana bars and serve.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found this blog! There are so many recipes on here that I can't wait to try! This week, I'm planning to make melt in your mouth chicken.

    I have a suggestion for you. Could you do like a Frugal Friday or something? Where you make a whole meal (dessert included) for under ten dollars or whatever you think. That's just an idea, one that I would totally love if you did. I'd be willing to make a grab button for you if you want. Just let me know.

    Also, I think it would be neat if you did a recipe challenge. You could ask your readers to try a new recipe with you and then everybody can link up and tell what they thought about it and what changes they made. Again, just a thought. If I was more adventurous, I might do a cooking blog myself, but I find myself repeating the same recipes over and over. Ha!

    Anyway, whatever you decide about this, I love your blog, and I'm super excited about going to the grocery on Saturday and buying everything to make some of these recipes!!!

    And do let me know about the button. I've played around with it a little bit, and I'm in love with it! I'd love to do one for you so I can get more practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ideas that Alexis gave you. I would so be interested in doing a recipe challenge. I would just need to have enough notice to get all the ingredients together. I actually have a recipe that I am making tomorrow and going to share it with you. I am so excited for you to try it. It is a favorite here.

    ReplyDelete