Friday, October 9, 2009

Beer Bread



My dear friend Mandi has given me so many great recipes over the three years that I have known her! She gave me this recipe after I tried it at her Pampered Chef party, and now we eat it all the time. I take it to get-togethers, give it to our neighbors, and let my kids eat it for their snack. Every time I take it somewhere, I have requests for the recipe, so from Mandi to me to you. . .here is Beer Bread.

Ingredients:

3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 warm beer (Shiner Bock preferably) I have used multiple kinds and it still comes out good!
1/2 to 1 stick melted butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix flour, sugar, and beer together and pour into greased loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Pull it out and drizzle melted butter over it. Place back in the oven for an additional fifteen minutes. Remove from oven and cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment