Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spicy Chicken Chili



Kathy and I love to talk recipes! She gave me this one and we absolutely love it! It is so delicious, healthy, and easy. It is not overly spicy, but if you have some trouble with spice, reduce the amount of jalapeno and cayenne pepper to better suit your taste.

*Today is my grocery day, so I'll be back to add pictures after I've purchased everything!

Ingredients:
1 large onion (chopped)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can chicken broth (you can add more to thin it out)
1 bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
1 3/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 can rotel
1.5 cups frozen corn (thawed)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can Great Northern beans (drained)
tortilla chips
shredded cheese

Directions:
Place chicken, onion, both peppers, chicken broth, and all of your spices in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for four hours (or low for 7 hours). Shred the chicken, and add the rotel, corn, and beans. Cover it again and cook on high for another 30-45 minutes, or until bubbling. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and your favorite shredded cheese.


5 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy minus the jalapeno. Those and I don't get along very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a GREAT dinner!! I made my regular spicy chili tonight and had frito chili pie and it was YUMMY!!!

    caplingers2002

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe....I must try it! Love your blog....and thanks for stopping by mine!

    Tamara
    http://theunexperiencedmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made this before, substituting small butter beans and/or garbanzo beans for the black beans and not putting in the cayanne or the jalepeno (I would love both of those, but my family is wimpy that way...) :) This is one of my family's faves, though! You can even make it on the stove and simmer for a few hours. Great autumn food for a chilly day!

    ReplyDelete