Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chicken Crescent Squares



Tami gave me this recipe a couple of years ago. It is her husband's favorite dinner! She heats up a can of cream of mushroom soup to serve as a dipping sauce.

Ingredients:

1 can crescent rolls
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (boiled and shredded)
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
plain bread crumbs
2/3 cup milk
1/2 stick of butter (melted)
1 teaspoon garlic powder (I add this. It wasn't in her original recipe.)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.

Combine cream cheese, milk, and seasonings with a mixer. Add the shredded chicken and stir.

On a cookie sheet, roll out crescent rolls into rectangles. Spoon a generous spoonful of the chicken mixture into the center and fold all of the edges of the crescent rolls into the center. This will form your squares (or pockets). Spoon a little of the melted butter onto each square and sprinkle with a few bread crumbs.

Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.


5 comments:

  1. These look delish! I'll have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I make a similar dinner but I am going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a very similar dinner, but I add grfeen onions to mine and top it with a little breadcrumbs to give it a little added crunch. elicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy....that looks good! For the cooking-challenged like me, glad you make the instructions easy and with pictures!

    Tamara
    http://theunexperiencedmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete