Monday, October 5, 2009

Chicken Tetrazini



My friend Amy H. emailed this recipe to me a while back, and I finally made it today for our lunch play date. It made a ton of food, and was a great kid-friendly lunch! Thanks, Amy H.!

Ingredients:
one box elbow macaroni
8 oz. sour cream
one can cream of chicken (or cream of mushroom)
3 oz. cream cheese
2 tablespoons diced onion
chicken broth
2 cups cubed chicken
seasonings to taste (I used season salt, garlic powder, and pepper)
mozzarella (shredded)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Boil and cube your chicken breasts. Boil your noodles until almost done; drain. Mix all of the other ingredients together in a bowl, and pour over the cooked noodles. Mix well and put into a large baking dish. Use chicken broth to get it to the consistency that you like. I actually did not need to use any. Cover with shredded cheese. The directions call for mozzarella, but I was out, so I used colby/monterrey jack, and it was good! Bake for 30 minutes.


5 comments:

  1. This looks really good I am going to make it this week..thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By-the-way, you might add a little more soup or cream cheese than it asks for. I think that it needed to be a little creamier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have any more crockpot receipes? I am trying to use mine more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lots of them. . .I use mine all the time! I'll message you some on facebook.

    I have three listed on here. Did you get those?

    ReplyDelete