Thursday, October 22, 2009

Frugal Friday and Recipe Challenge

Thanks to a reader and fellow blogger, Alexis, I am going to start a Frugal Friday post each Friday. Alexis wrote to me and gave me the idea to prepare an entire meal (with dessert included) for a family of four for $10 or less! I am known to be fairly frugal, but I've never really sat down and calculated how much each meal costs us, so this will be a great discipline for me. I am so excited to get started!

Alexis also suggested that I host a recipe challenge for all of my readers. I could suggest a meal and date to cook it, list the ingredients and directions, and then we could all cook the meal on the same night. Afterwards, you could all come back and tell us what you thought, and share if you changed anything up to better suit your family's taste. I think it sounds like awesome fun!!! Would you all be interested in participating in it with me? If so, let me know and I'll start brainstorming meal ideas! I'd also love to have your meal ideas/recipes to include in the recipe challenge. If it goes well, we'll have more than one, so bring on the recipes!


3 comments:

  1. I am so interested. I will share a recipe with you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I'm excited to look around yours and LOVE your idea about the "recipe challenge"! I'm all about coming up with inexpensive meal ideas and am so excited to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you go Brandi- Enjoy!

    http://itsspelledmaguire.blogspot.com/2009/10/chicken-divan.html

    ReplyDelete