Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Garlic Chicken



This is a great crockpot meal! I love using my crockpot. . .it is probably the most used small appliance that I own. My mom makes this, and it always turns out so well!

Ingredients:

chicken pieces of your choice--bone in (I used thighs since they were on sale)
one whole head of garlic (pulled apart and skinned)
salt and pepper

Directions:

Wash and skin your chicken. Pull your garlic apart and remove the skin. Put all of the cloves in the bottom of the crockpot. Add your chicken pieces on top of the garlic. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken to your liking. Set the crockpot on low and cook all day (about 8 hours). When it's finished, take the chicken off of the bone and shred, and remove large chunks of garlic. The leftover juice makes a nice gravy if you add a little flour. Be careful when adding the flour, because it will quickly absorb the water. I like to add a little flour to a little water in a separate cup, and then pour in a little at a time until I get the consistency that I like. Eat the shredded chicken and gravy over rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment