Saturday, October 17, 2009

Meatloaf



I'm going to be honest and tell you that I don't love meatloaf. I have issues with large chunks of meat. . .it's just part of who I am. I do, however, like this recipe for meatloaf. The meat is always really moist, and the topping just makes the dish. I've had many compliments on it, so if you enjoy meat, then try it out and see for yourself!

Ingredients:
1 pound ground meat
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
3 teaspoons Worschester sauce
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup ketchup

Topping Ingredients:
1 cup bbq sauce
1/2 cup ketchup

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a medium-sized bowl, add your meat, bread crumbs, cheese, ketchup, egg, and seasonings. Mix well. Get your hands in it to get the best results, because you want everything REALLY well mixed. Once it is mixed, put it into a loaf pan. In a small bowl, mix the ketchup and bbq sauce. Pour it on top of your meat and spread it evenly. Bake for one hour.

*I like to mix extra topping, heat it in a small saucepan, and spoon it on my plate for a dipping sauce.


2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I just stumbled upon your blog and I am so excited! This is just the kind of blog I need! I can't wait to tell my sisters about it! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found me! I try to update it daily, so check back often!

    ReplyDelete