Sunday, October 4, 2009

Monkey Buns



My sweet friend Kathy emailed me this recipe this morning, and since I hadn't yet made breakfast, I made these. They were awesome! Thanks, Kathy!! I did not have any bananas, so I just left those out, but they still had a great flavor, and they were easy enough for my kids to help!

Ingredients:
1 10-count can biscuits
10 tablespoons honey
10 tablespoons brown sugar
cinnamon
1 large banana sliced thinly
cooking spray

Directions:
Heat your oven to 400 (or whatever your biscuit can says).

Spray ten cups of a twelve-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Place one slice of banana at the bottom of each of the muffin cups. Place one tablespoon of brown sugar in each of the cups, followed by one tablespoon of honey. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon in each of the cups, and top each one off with a biscuit. Cook as directed on the biscuit can. When the biscuits come out of the oven, let them cool for a couple of minutes then place a large platter or baking sheet on top of the muffin pan. Carefully but quickly, invert the muffin tin and platter or baking sheet together. Remove the muffin tin (fishing out any biscuits or topping that may have stuck to the bottom) and let the biscuits cool further. Serve warm or at room temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment