Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Peach Custard Pie



Shawn, the same lady who gave me the baked oatmeal recipe, posted this dessert recipe on our forum a little while ago. I decided to give it a try. . .it's baking as I type! She used fresh peaches, but I couldn't find any good ones at our grocery store, so I used canned. I dumped them in a strainer and rinsed them off well, then sliced them up. Thanks for the recipe, Shawn!


Ingredients:
1-9" pie shell (I'm using graham cracker pie crust. She used Nilla Wafer pie crust.)
2 cups peaches (sliced thinly)
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons flour
5 ounces evaporated milk
2 eggs
Publish Post

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450.

Place sliced peaches in the bottom of the pie crust. Mix the sugar, flour, evaporated milk, and eggs together in a separate bowl. Pour the liquid on top of the peaches. Bake for 15 minutes at 450. Turn the oven down to 350 and bake for 30 more minutes.



2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!! My little helper (Kasen) and I have been having so much fun baking all your yummy treats, and eating them too!!! I do have a super yummy, easy recipe of my own to share with you today. Take two cans of any kind of pie filling (i use apple) and put it in bottom of a cake pan, next sprinkle a dry white cake mix over the fruit, lastly pour a melted stick of butter over the top and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes. Makes a yummy easy dump cake and tastes great with ice cream!! A station favorite.

    Thanks for sharing all your recipes with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys are having fun in the kitchen! Thanks for your recipe! I'll have to try it out. We love desserts at our house!

    ReplyDelete