Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Peanut Butter Fudge



My mom made this and ate it while pregnant with the four of us; I made it and ate it while pregnant with my three. Rhett asks for it on a daily basis! It's just one of those desserts that is just too good not to have "another" piece of. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 stick butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter

Directions:
In a saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, and butter. Let it come to a boil and keep it at a rolling boil for 90 seconds (don't undercook it or you'll be eating it with a spoon!). After it boils for 90 seconds, turn the burner off and add the vanilla, peanut butter, and oatmeal. Stir it all together until well-combined. Pour into a casserole dish and let it harden. Slice and serve, and try not to eat the whole pan yourself!


6 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog today and I LOVE it. I'm always looking for recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you stopped by!! I try to post at least one new recipe a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog! I love food so much I could eat it every day. Ha!

    Thanks for the follow! So glad to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was amazing!! Very dangerous for me though - I don't have much will power when it comes to peanut butter. :)

    Just found your blog - I hope you continue to post yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have much willpower when it comes to any sweets, Kara! Glad you found me! I'm planning to continue until I run out of new recipes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made this today and love it!! Tastes kind of like no bake cookies, I think. It is great.

    ReplyDelete