Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pinto beans



We eat pinto beans at our house about once a month. I serve them with Mexican cornbread, fish, tacos, enchiladas, etc. I also make refried beans out of them to use in veggie tostadas. That recipe will come tomorrow! One pot usually serves us for two meals, so we're really getting our money's worth when I cook them.

Ingredients:
one package dry pinto beans
onion powder
garlic powder
cumin
chili powder
Tony Chachere's creole seasoning
salt
pepper

Directions:
Rinse your beans in a colander. Put the beans in a large pot and cover them with water. Add all of the seasonings liberally. I never measure the amount, because while they're cooking, I add more. They soak up a lot of water and seasoning, so plan to watch them fairly closely. Cook on medium-high for about four hours. Add seasonings and water to cover them as needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment