Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins



I found this recipe last fall, and we all fell in love with it! It has just the perfect "fall" taste, and is a great way to get a fruit into your kids first thing in the morning!

Ingredients:
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice (or just cinnamon, which is what I did)
1.25 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Topping:
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Put liners in muffin cups, or spray muffin tin.

Mix flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
Whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin-pie spice (or cinnamon), 1.25 cups sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl until smooth, then mix in flour mixture until just combined.
Stir together cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in another bowl.
Divide batter among muffin cups (each should be about 3/4 full), then sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar mixture.

Bake until puffed and golden brown (25-30 minutes).



4 comments:

  1. I'm going to try to post a comment again, and see if it works. I love pumpkin muffins! I think they are my favorite. I use applesauce instead of oil, whole wheat flour, and add flax seed for added health benefits. The kids don't even know the flax seed is in there, and it's so good to help with behavior and brain development. The applesauce makes them a little more dense, but I don't mind the change in texture for the added health benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm going to definitely try that. I've been looking for flaxseed to add to all of my baked stuff, but I haven't found it at Crest. Where do you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these muffins maybe even better than the pumpkin cream cheese bread! I am eating them as I type. Keep the pumpkin recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'm glad they turned out! Josie requests them all the time!

    ReplyDelete