Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkin-Swirl Cheesecake


I found a version of this recipe in the Kraft food magazine, but had to tweak it in order to make it today. I had graham crackers; I did not have ginger snaps, so I made a graham cracker crust with mine. They recommended crushing 25 ginger snaps and mixing them with butter for the crust.

Ingredients:
one package (not the whole box!) graham crackers, finely crushed
1/4 cup butter (melted)
4 packages (8 oz) cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325.

Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, and vanilla with a mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each until blended. Remove 1.5 cups of the batter. Stir in remaining sugar, pumpkin, and cinnamon to the remaining batter.

Spoon half of the pumpkin batter into the crust. Top with spoonfuls of half the plain batter. Repeat layers, and swirl with a knife. Bake for 45 minutes, or until center is almost set. Refrigerate for four hours before serving.


3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. All of your recipes are so easy to make and they don't call for crazy, expensive ingredients. I am trying this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! My goal is to have simple, inexpensive recipes to follow, so I am so happy to hear that! Let me know how your cheesecake turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't wait to try this so I made it last night, it was wonderful. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete