Monday, October 12, 2009

Ravioli Lasagna



It's my first Meatless Monday post! When I was pregnant with Rheve, and active in an online pregnancy forum, one of our threads discussed great meals for freezing. This one came up, and I decided to add it to my collection. I decided to add the spinach for added flavor and vitamins, but feel free to leave it out. I believe that the original version was from Bethany, so thanks to her for this recipe! I hope you all enjoy this Meatless Monday!

Ingredients:
frozen cheese ravioli (thawed) I am going to use 1.5 bags.
frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
one jar of your favorite sauce
one bag Italian cheese
Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.

Spread 3/4 cup sauce in a 9x13 dish. Top with 20 ravioli, flat sides up and slightly touching each other. Spread with 3/4 cup sauce. Scatter on 1/2 the spinach, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Top with 20 more ravioli, 3/4 cup sauce, remaining spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Finish with remaining ravioli, sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 1.25 hours or until bubbly around edges. Uncover and let stand 10 minutes before serving.



2 comments:

  1. That sounds so good! I love ravioli!! I'm going to try to make it this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks AMAZING!!!! I bet no one even noticed it was meatless.....I am joining you FOR SURE....I LOVE Meatless Mondays!!

    Caplingers2002

    ReplyDelete