Friday, October 16, 2009

Sesame Noodles



You know me and my desire for simple recipes. . .well, this one is just that! I came across it while looking for more meatless dishes. My kids absolutely LOVE Asian noodles, so I thought this would be a hit with them. We're going to eat it for dinner tonight, so I'll post the finished product then (and their reviews). We have a busy day of hanging out with friends at the Science Museum and the zoo ahead, so I thought I'd post the recipe early today!

*Update: These are so incredibly good! Josie, Rhett, and Rheve slurped them up, and I ate a huge bowl. Jer is at the station, so he didn't get a chance to try them, but I can promise you that he would have loved them, as well!

Ingredients:
12 ounces thin spaghetti noodles (cooked and drained)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
4 cloves garlic (minced--I am just using jarred minced garlic)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar (not pictured)
3 tablespoons pure sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil (I am using hot chili sauce, since that's what I have.)
4 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons hot water
4 whole green onions (sliced thin)

Directions:
Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.

Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions and toss. Serve in a bowl with chopsticks.


5 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog through BlogFrog and wanted to come check it out. Your blog is the first recipe blog I have been on that shows a picture of all the ingrediets FIRST, before describing the recipe. I wish cookbooks did this! I think this is a fantastic idea and so very helpful. Great job!

    I also wanted to welcome you to BlogFrog and to thank you for your membership. If you ever have any questions or suggestions for how we can improve, please feel free to contact me. So nice to discover your blog!

    Holly (co-founder TheBlogFrog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I'm really enjoying
    TheBlogFrog so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these noodles, Brandi.. Thank you for this blog, it is a dinner saver!!! I enjoy reading it everyday! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh another great find. i am gonna try this after the sweet potato fries. thanks

    ReplyDelete