Friday, October 23, 2009

Simple Tomato and Pasta Dish



Here is our first Frugal Friday meal! I love feeding my family for under $10!! Thanks again to Amy M. for giving me the recipe and to Alexis for giving me the idea for this type of post!

Ingredients:

1 box penne pasta
2 large cans crushed tomatoes
olive oil
Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

Dump the uncooked pasta into a 9x13 casserole dish. Drizzle olive oil over it and let it set for 20 minutes. Dump both cans of tomatoes over it and mix. Add any seasonings that you wish. I added salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I'm going to have to try this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I absolutely LOVE to cook, so I will add yours into my Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete