Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Taco Soup



Is today not THE perfect soup day?! My sister-in-law gave me the recipe for this delish dish many years ago. It is the best go-to pantry dinner EVER! Everything you need is a typical pantry item, so get out your can opener and cook some supper!

Ingredients:

1 pound ground meat (optional, this is a great vegetarian dish)
1 can broth (chicken, beef, veggie)
1 can rotel (or whatever brand tomatoes with chiles you have)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can refried beans
1 can corn (drained)
1 can French-style green beans (drained)
1 package taco seasoning
1 package dry ranch mix

Directions:

Brown and drain your ground meat. Add the two packets of seasonings to the meat and stir until dissolved. Open all of your cans (drain the ones that need it) and dump them in the pot with the seasoned meat. Cook on medium-high until it comes to a boil, then turn it down to low and let it simmer until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, and diced avocado.

*If making in a crockpot, do everything the same, except cook on low all day.


7 comments:

  1. I just made this soup and OH MY GOODNESS is it delicious! My family has requested that I make it once a week! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you guys liked it! We love it here, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this with Morning Star Veggie Crumbles & it is amazing! I think I've made it at least 4 times since you've posted it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the ranch dressing adds a fun twist to this soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a SOUP person and have taught my DH to make all my soups. This week my DD and I made one of our favorites, a recipe I created, Fajita Soup, YUMMY!Need to share my recipe! Where do I do that?

    ReplyDelete