Monday, October 26, 2009

Veggie Quesadillas



It's just another Meatless Monday! Today we're having veggie quesadillas for dinner. Our friends Jeremy and Chandelle made us their version of these years ago (before any of us even had children!). I added a little of this, and took a little of that away, and made it my own recipe. Now it's a favorite of our whole family, as well as both my mom and his mom.

Ingredients:
1 yellow squash
1 zucchini squash (I had to buy two small ones this time, because there were no large ones.)
1 jalapeno pepper
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 cup fresh mushrooms
flour tortillas
shredded Mexican-blend cheese

Directions:
Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.

Chop all of your veggies into bite-size pieces and toss together. Dump them all into a sautee pan and turn it onto medium-high. Let the veggies cook together until soft and juicy.

Take one tortilla and top it with cheese. Spoon a generous portion of the veggie mixture onto the cheese and spread it evenly. Top the veggies with more cheese, followed by a second tortilla. Place onto a griddle or large skillet and let cook until golden brown. Press the edges down to form a seal with the melted cheese. Flip and cook on the opposite side.

Serve with sour cream, salsa, and avocado.


4 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy and is probably pretty inexpensive also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try it,sounds yummy and not so hard to do!thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I changed my plans for dinner tonight and made these....they were yummy!!! I added black beans and they were sooooo good! Thanks Brandi for making cooking so fun to me....love you!

    caplingers2002

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds so good! Easy on the waist line too

    ReplyDelete