Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Would you all like to join me?

I have mentioned a couple of times that we are trying to eat more vegetarian meals in our home. Eating vegetarian a few times a week can really cut grocery expenses, and is quite healthy! My friend Kathy recently told me that at her house, they have Meatless Mondays. She said that America is one of the only countries in the world that eats meat as regularly as we do! She also said that serving two veggie meals per week can save you $500 a year! Would you all like to join me in having Meatless Mondays in your homes, as well?

Each Monday, I will add a vegetarian dish to the blog. I'd love more vegetarian ideas, so if you have some, please leave them in the comments section. I'll be sure to acknowledge where I got the recipe!

I'm looking forward to starting this up on this coming Monday. . .Meatless Monday!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Brandi-I love your cooking blog. I hadn't even noticed it on Amanda's until today. I LOVE to cook so I am so excited to get some new recipies. I just wanted to share with you my Indian Tacos recipe. You can make it vegeterian too and it is so good. You can also make a dessert out of it like I did. Yummy!

    http://itsspelledmaguire.blogspot.com/2009/07/whats-for-dinner.html

    Anyway, thanks for sharing your ideas. I feel like I get into a rut and am cooking the same thing all the time. I love my crockpot also but don't have a whole lot of recipes for it so I am excited to see what you have.

    Thanks for the great ideas-Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Heather! I love Indian tacos, and that dessert looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One that I love I got from Closet Cooking - Cilantro and Lime Rice. It makes a great side dish by itself, but is also wonderful as a replacement instead of using meat ina burrito. Here is a link to the recipe.

    http://closetcooking.blogspot.com/2009/03/cilantro-and-lime-rice.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a life-long vegetarian and recent vegan covert I say YEAH! I'll certainly be back to visit on Mondays! Kim

    ReplyDelete