Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Autumn Oatmeal



I have mentioned before how much my children love oatmeal. I found this recipe a while back on MckMama's BlogFrog Community. I apologize to the person who wrote it, because I did not get your name! Anyway, I made it this morning and Rhett said, "Yumm. This tast-es (because that's the way he says it) good, Mama." Rheve ate three (yes three!) bowls!

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
1 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon peanut butter

Directions:

Combine milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the oats and reduce the heat. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and add the peanut butter. Stir until creamy. Add any garnishes that you might like (craisins, raisins, syrup, etc.) We just ate ours like it was.


6 comments:

  1. That looks super yum! We're not big fans of oatmeal around here, but that makes me want some anyway.

    Have I ever told you that I LOVE your blog? Seriously, you make food that we would eat in our house, which is so unlike so many other recipe blogs out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Alexis!! That is so nice to hear!

    I don't love oatmeal as a cereal, either, but this was really good. My kids LOVED it, of course, but they love their oatmeal! Try it and let me know how you guys liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fixed this today for my girls for lunch. I made it without the pumpkin, because I didn't have any. It was still yummy!!! It felt like I was eating an oatmeal cookie! :) Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this today for breakfast and it was really good. My oldest didn't like it too much but ate half her bowl. My youngest really liked it. I will probably make it again. It wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your feedback, Heather! I am not crazy about oatmeal as a breakfast cereal, but my kids gobbled this one up. I liked that it got some fruit in them first thing in the morning!

    ReplyDelete