Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chicken Divan



Heather, a blog friend of mine, gave me this recipe a few weeks ago. I've been so eager to try it, and tonight is the night! Check out Heather's blog over here. I'll update later with the results of it, but by the look of it, it will be a hit! Thanks, Heather!

I will probably not be posting much the rest of the week. Tomorrow is my son's fourth birthday party (how can that be?!). He'll be four on Thanksgiving Day, and what a special boy to be thankful for! I'm such a lucky mama!! Have a blessed holiday. Check back next week for new recipes, and until then. . .best dishes.

Ingredients:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1/2 of a chicken (cooked and cubed)
1 head of broccoli cut into spears (steamed and drained) I'm using frozen.
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup real mayo (do not substitue fat free or Miracle Whip)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup canned bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350

Cut cooked chicken into bite size pieces and layer in a casserole dish. Place steamed broccoli on top of chicken. Mix all remaining ingredients, except bread crumbs and cheese, together and pour over chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle bread crumbs and top with the cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!

    Happy birthday to your boy! My girl has a birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you like it. We don't eat it often but when I make it I wonder why we don't! It is really good.

    Happy birthday to R!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I will have to try that, thanks!
    www.Sugarandspice1.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete