Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup




Remember how I told you that I use the leftover salsa chicken to make tortilla soup? Well, that is going to be today's lunch, so I thought I'd share the recipe. My sister-in-law, Shannon, gave me this recipe several years ago. If you're not using the leftover salsa chicken, just boil a couple of chicken breasts, shred them, and add a can of rotel tomatoes to the recipe.

Ingredients:
shredded salsa chicken (it is what is in the black pot in the picture)
2 cans tomato soup
2 cans chicken broth
2 tablespoons cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Toppings:
tortilla chips
shredded cheese
cilantro
sour cream
diced avocado
diced tomato
*Use whichever ones you want. . .make it to your liking!

Directions:
In a pot or crockpot, add all of your ingredients (not toppings!). Cook on medium-high heat until boiling. Turn down and allow to simmer until you're ready to serve. Serve with your choice of toppings.


No comments:

Post a Comment