Saturday, November 21, 2009

German Pancakes



This is the first time that I've made these. I was trying to find something quick for dinner since Jer is at the station, and I found this recipe in an old cookbook. You all know how we love breakfast for dinner, so this should be perfect, but I'll let you all know what we thought!

*Update: These were fabulous! We added the powdered sugar and then a little pancake
syrup. . .wonderful and too easy. Josie said, "These pancakes are the best-est."


Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1 stick butter (melted)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
six eggs
powdered sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450.

Mix everything together really well. Pour into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.


5 comments:

  1. MY MOTHER USED TO FRY PANCAKES IN A FRYING PAN AND THEY TURNED OUT BIG AND THIN. SOMETIMES SHE ADDED FRUITS TO IT. I LIKED IT BEST IF SHE TIPPED APPLE RINGS IN THE PANCAKE MIX AND FRIED THEM - AFTERWARD SHE ADDED POWDERED SUGAR TO IT.

    I THOUGHT IT WAS INTERESTING TO LEARN GERMAN PANCAKES CAN BE BACKED IN THE OVEN. I WILL TRY THIS ONE FOR SURE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this and it was delicious! I added about 1/2 cup of flour and 1/3 cup milk, just so it would make a little bit more. After it was done, I put cinnamon, powdered sugar, and a little syrup. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This looks great, can't wait to try it, it's on the menu for tomorrow :) And yes, the husband and I are loving the snow, we are originally from Texas and do not see much of it at all, so it's been quite the treat. We'll see how we feel about it when it's still snowing in March, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is our second Sunday morning with this recipe. We tried it last week and we both loved it. Breakfast in the oven is a great thing for us while we're running around trying to make it to church on time. It's in the oven now, and I'm...blogging. :) I'd better go!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love these at our house. I have made them several times and they always go over well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete