Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mexican Cornbread



You know how I told you we eat pinto beans about twice a month at our house, right? Well, today I'm preparing another meal with them. Mexican cornbread is a recipe that my mom made for us while we were growing up. It is fantastic when served covered in beans and a side of coleslaw! Some people choose to add browned hamburger meat to theirs, but we eat it as a vegetarian dish.

Ingredients:
1 cup cornmeal
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
*1 bell pepper (diced)
*1 onion (diced)
1 can corn
1 cup jalapeno peppers (the kind in the jar)
1/2 pound cheddar cheese (shredded)

*I'm not using these ingredients in my cornbread today.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Mix everything together really well. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment