Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sopapilla Cheesecake


This is a great holiday (or anytime!) dessert. I especially love it on Thanksgiving because it has the cinnamon taste, as well as the cream cheese flavor. . .mmmmm! On top of the flavor, it is such an easy dessert to prepare! The first time that I ate this, my mother-in-law made it, and I fell in love. So although I have had it from other cooks, my mother-in-law, Gayle, gets credit for today's recipe.

Ingredients:
(2) eight ounce packages cream cheese
(2) eight ounce packages crescent rolls
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar (1 cup sugar+2 tablespoons cinnamon)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Unroll one package of crescent rolls in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and flatten. Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Spread over the crescent rolls. Unroll the second can of rolls and top the cream cheese mixture with them. Pour the melted butter over the whole pan and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Bake for 30 minutes. It is fine to eat straight out of the oven, but it tastes best when chilled. Store in the refrigerator.


4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm....I think I'll try this as my new dessert for Thanksgiving! I've tried a new one every year, some stick and some don't. I have a feeling this one will stick! Have you ever tried it without the second can of cresent rolls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had this, but I've tried it, and it is soooooo delicious!! Thanks for the recipe, now I can make it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant, I've never MADE this, but I've tried it. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha--I have never tried it without the top crescent rolls. It would probably taste good, though. Let me know if you try it that way!

    ReplyDelete