Saturday, December 5, 2009

Apple Turnovers



My good friend Kathy emailed this recipe to me last week, and I couldn't wait to try it out! I love apple turnovers, especially warm ones, so I knew they'd be a hit with me! They were so easy and tasted really good. Thanks, Kathy!!

Ingredients:
2 apples (peeled, cored, and diced)
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 can crescent rolls
flour (for rolling out dough)
1 egg (for egg wash)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325.

In a large skillet, place your butter and begin to melt it. Dump in your prepared apples, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Allow the apples to caramelize, tossing occasionally. Remove from the heat.

To prepare your dough, separate the rolls into triangles. Flour your surface and roll the triangles out just enough to make room for the apple mixture. Fill the triangles, fold over the crescent triangles, and press to seal them. Use a fork to press the edges like a pie crust.

Beat the egg in a bowl, and spread the egg wash over the top of each turnover with a basting brush. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.


4 comments:

  1. I have to admit, these are pretty tempting, but no canned crescent rolls in the house now. They sure do sound good, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've received an award...please visit http://luvsjurn3.blogspot.com for more details! Congrats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum.
    And that's all I have to say about THAT!
    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your turnovers look delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete