Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Baked Pancake Squares



I love using ingredients that are always on hand. I feel very pioneer-ish (is that a word?) when I concoct something out of flour and eggs. It also makes me feel like I'm doing something good for my kids by not giving them foods that are full of preservatives. This morning, I made pancakes. These aren't your typical pancakes, though. I baked them in a baking dish so that I wouldn't have to stand over the griddle all morning. I mixed them up and then jumped in the shower. They were really good. They don't really taste like pancakes, and the texture is different, but they were loved by my kids!

If I were you (which obviously I'm not) I would double the recipe. These went fast and it was just the three little ones and myself this morning.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
1 egg
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons baking powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a medium-sized bowl, beat the egg, milk and butter. Add the sugar to the liquid, and then gradually add the flour and baking powder. Bake for 25 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. This was interesting. I never tried baking pancakes before. Might be worth a try! By the way, I'm visiting from SITS. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love this idea! I am going to try it in the morning...I am blogging around and don't know how I found you but I am glad I did...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER easy! Thanks.

    Over from SITS.

    ReplyDelete