Sunday, December 20, 2009

Beef Stroganoff



Last week we had dinner at our friends' home. Kevin is a firefighter with Jer and his wife Amanda writes this blog. They served Beef Stroganoff, which they were surprised that I had never eaten. It was delicious, so I asked for the recipe. It was so simple that I decided to make it for lunch today. Thanks, Amanda!

Ingredients:

1 or 2 pounds top sirloin (cubed) *I used round steak, because that's what I had.
1 package egg noodles
1 tub sour cream
2-3 cans cream of mushroom soup
seasoning to taste (She suggested using Daddy Hinkles, so I used it plus S & P.)
enough water to cover the meat
butter (I omitted this and the water because I didn't cook mine in the crockpot.)

Directions:
Place your cubed meat at the bottom of the crockpot with seasonings, a little butter, and water. Cook on low all day until really tender.

In a large pot, boil noodles until tender. These noodles cook quickly!

Add the soups and sour cream to the noodles, and then pour all of it into the crockpot. Cook it on the "warm" or "low" setting until heated through.

**I actually cooked my meat in a sautee pan without butter or water. I then added the soups and sour cream, and mixed it all together with the noodles. I cooked it on low until it was hot, so this can be done stovetop or crockpot.


No comments:

Post a Comment