Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blueberry Bread



I had 1/2 bag of frozen blueberries that needed to be used, and my muffin tin rusted in the dishwasher (boo!), which meant that I couldn't make muffins today. So, bread it is! It smells so good, and I'm anxious to have a piece. This makes a fabulous and quick breakfast for your family, and I love that most people have these ingredients hanging out in their pantries. No need for processed foods when you can make your own, right?!

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup nuts (chopped)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a small bowl, beat the eggs, and add the sugar, milk, and oil to them. Mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and powder. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and stir until blended. Fold in the blueberries and nuts. Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until done.


1 comment:

  1. You always make me so hungry. LOL. Great recipes. When I get some time to do some baking and whatnot, I'll let you know how everything turns out.

    ReplyDelete