Saturday, December 19, 2009

Candied Pecans



These are truly a treat! You can purchase similar pecans at festivals all over, but you would not believe how easy they are to make in your own kitchen!! Jer and I are going to munch on warm candied pecans while we watch a movie later. They would also be great as a Christmas gift. Put them in a Mason jar with a fabric square over the lid and you're all set!

Ingredients:
1 egg white
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons water
1 pound pecan halves

Directions:
Preheat oven to 250.

Lightly butter a baking sheet.


In a bowl, beat the egg white until foamy. Mix in cinnamon, sugar, salt, and water. Mix well. Stir in pecan halves, stirring until well coated. Spread on baking sheet, and
bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.


5 comments:

  1. Okay, these are awesome and so addictive. We make these every year, and I had to ask my sister to make them this year because I can't stop eating them if they're in my house. I decided to double the recipe a few years ago and after I had my yummy stuff all mixed up, I realized that I only had enough pecans for one batch, so I put it all on what pecans I had. It had to bake a little longer, but it was the best mistake I think I've ever made. Oh.so.yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great recipe! We are ALWAYS buying these from vendors at festivals, I'm excited to try them myself. I'm sure it will be great! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I never made them myself but your look great maybe I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a recipe like this...thanks! I happen to have an extra bag of pecans left over from my turtle making. Now if only I had some almonds to mix in with them.... :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always wanted to know how to make these. thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete