Friday, December 18, 2009

Cheese and Fresh Tomato Quesadillas



These are quick and easy, and a fantastic way to sneak veggies in to your family! We actually had them for lunch, and the kids all asked for more.

These would be delicious made with homemade tortillas, but I just didn't have time to make them today. I definitely will next time, because my family ate those homemade tortillas up like you wouldn't believe!! Try them when you get a chance.

Ingredients:

1 package tortillas
1 package shredded cheese
1 tomato (diced)

Directions:

Preheat your griddle or skillet.

Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on half of one side of a tortilla. Throw several pieces of tomato on top of the cheese, and then cover the tomatoes with a little more of the cheese. Fold the "non-cheese" side over to the cheese side and place on your heated skillet. Allow it to get golden, then flip to allow the other side to cook. Serve with salsa, sour cream, avocado, or eat plain.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks and sounds good and my 2 1/2 year old LOVES tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. We just bought quesadilla makings...but I never thought of putting tomato in them. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we do this all the time!! award for you at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! That looks yummy!!!!!!!!!

    Also, thank you for dropping by my blog! I will def try to find that "words with friends ap" you reccomended!I'm sorry it took me some time to get back to you though! It's been so fun to discover your blog, as well! And I'm your newest follower!!

    Shannon at:http://www.milkandcuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete