Friday, December 4, 2009

Chicken and Dumplings



As I mentioned in the Frugal Friday post, my husband absolutely loves some chicken and dumplings! He loves my mom's the best, but mine run a close second. ;) I have recipes for two different versions, but I'm only going to share one of them today. This is my friend Lacy's recipe. It's the perfect food for a COLD day like today!

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken (boiled and shredded)
2 1/4 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
After boiling your chicken and shredding it (deboning it, too), put the meat back into the pot with the seasoned water that it cooked in. (I like to cook my chicken with lots of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.) Turn the heat to medium.

In a small bowl, add the Bisquick with the milk and mix. Scoop small spoonfuls of the dough into the water. It will appear to clump together, but you can take a wooden spoon to stir occasionally. You'll know they're ready when they sink to the bottom and the water thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment