Sunday, December 6, 2009

Chicken, Potatoes, and Carrots


My mom made this quite often when we were young. It's a simple, one-dish meal that is great for using up extra veggies before they go bad. I had a bag of carrots that were just about to "expire," so I thought today would be the perfect day to use them.

*I forgot to take a picture of just the ingredients today. Sorry!

Ingredients:
1 package chicken (You can use any, but I used boneless/skinless thighs today. They're cheap!)
1 potato/person (peeled and sliced)
carrots (peeled and sliced--I used carrot chips)
seasonings to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.

In a large baking dish, place your sliced veggies. Put the chicken pieces on top of the veggies and season well. I used seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cover with foil and bake for one hour.

Tossing in any veggie would be great in this. . .onions, fresh green beans, bell pepper, mushrooms. Use what you have!


5 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I am always excited when I find a new chicken recipe to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I make something similar all the time (I use a whole chicken instead of just parts). Sometimes I put lemon juice on the chicken, sometimes just some italian seasoning. It's easy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, this looks and sounds good! AND easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds quick and easy to put together, I think I might try it tonight.

    ReplyDelete