Thursday, December 3, 2009

Chocolate Layered Dessert



My friend Amy H. gave me this recipe. She brought it over once for a dinner party, and I had to have the recipe! My great-grandmother made this when I was growing up (only on Thanksgiving), and Jeremy's aunt makes it (only on Thanksgiving), but I had never received the recipe. Thanks, Amy H. for getting it to me! We LOVE it!!!

Ingredients:

1 stick butter (melted)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 large tub Cool Whip (divided)
1 box chocolate pudding mix
2 cups milk

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

In a small bowl, mix the butter, flour, and chopped pecans. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes and then cool.

In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1/2 of the Cool Whip together. Spread it over the cooled crust.

In a separate bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk. Whisk until thick. Spread it over the cream cheese mixture.

Spread the other half of the Cool Whip on top of the pudding and sprinkle with more chopped pecans. Refrigerate to store.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandi! Thanks for stopping by Smithellaneous. And I love your cooking blog; the chocolate squares look absolutely wonderful! Chocolate is the best food in the world, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete