Sunday, December 27, 2009

Eggnog Oatmeal


I bought a half-gallon of eggnog the last time we did our grocery shopping so that my children could have a chance to taste it this Christmas. We have quite a bit left over, so I decided to use it to make their oatmeal tonight. Josie said, "This is better than any other oatmeal you make." It was so simple, too!

*I forgot to take the final picture before the kids had eaten it all up!

Ingredients:

1 cup oatmeal
1 3/4 cups water
eggnog
brown sugar

Directions:
Bring the water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the oats and cook until tender and thick. Spoon into bowls and add eggnog and brown sugar to taste. Stir and serve.


3 comments:

  1. I HAVE to make this for my boys! My oldest prefers NOTHING over oatmeal for breakfast (he's 8 - is that normal?) and positively swoons over eggnog - as soon as it appears in the local grocery, he MUST have some. For that reason, I think I don't have any left - but this would be worth picking up another round! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh! This sounds DELICIOUS, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete