Friday, December 11, 2009

Fresh Apple Cake



This is my mama's favorite cake, and I have to admit that it's one of my faves, too! It is delicious for breakfast. What?! You don't eat cake for breakfast?? How about brownies? Am I the only one who does this???? Anyway, it's fantastic and simple, and you just must try it (for breakfast)!

Ingredients:
3 cups apple (peeled and diced)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2.5 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a small bowl, combine apples, sugar, and cinnamon and toss to evenly coat.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Cream sugars and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then mix in your vanilla. Fold in the apple mixture and pour into a greased bundt pan.
Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


5 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy and I have some apples that I need to use. This will be perfect for breakfast this morning.

    Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandi!
    These look quite good! I love any pastry with apples in them, so I will try them and see how they turn out.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog- Honeydew.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great and simple! I will defintiely try this and lemme tell you, you are not alone on the brownie for breakfast front!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That sounds so yummy! I added you to my blog roll! I'll be back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm I just made it and it was delicious! Definitely a recipe to keep :)

    ReplyDelete