Friday, December 4, 2009

Fried Bananas

My kids are big banana fans. Personally, I could live without them, but I like to prepare foods that they will eat and enjoy. This is a new recipe for us, but since I was using Bisquick in my meal preparation tonight anyway, I thought I'd carry it through to our dessert.

Ingredients:
2 bananas (quartered)
2 cups Bisquick mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs
cinnamon-sugar mix to sprinkle
oil for frying

Directions:
In a skillet, pour oil about three-inches deep.

In a small bowl, combine the Bisquick, eggs, and milk. Mix until blended. Dip each piece of the banana into the batter and place in hot oil. Fry until golden brown and while still warm, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mix. Can be served with vanilla ice cream.


4 comments:

  1. I've never actually put a batter on them, I usually just sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and fry in some butter. I might have to try this! It sounds yummy. And I think we're doing the s'mores pie tonight. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a banana eater too and that sounds like it would be a hit. Another banana recipe (if you could call it that) we use is to simply slice the banana, put it in a bowl, add some milk and cinammon and eat with a spoon. Kids love it and it's totally healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried it with batter..thanks for sharing this..I'd like to try that sometime soon:) will let you know how it went.

    ReplyDelete