Friday, December 11, 2009

Homemade Tortillas



My friend and fellow blogger, Amy (go check her blog out!) put this recipe on my community (go check it out, too!). I've always wanted to make my own tortillas, but just haven't done it until now. Thanks so much, Amy!!

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour (or white if you prefer)
1teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter or margarine (Amy used Olive oil.)
1/2 cup lukewarm water

Directions:
Preheat your griddle or skillet. Mix the dry ingredients. Add water, then cut in the butter. Pinch off about a 1/4 up of dough and roll into a ball. Then, on a floured surface, roll the dough out into a flat circle. Put your tortilla on the griddle and cook until it bubbles, then flip (after about 30 seconds). Once it starts to bubble again, it's finished. Wrap the tortillas in a towel or put in a warm oven to keep warm.


4 comments:

  1. I forgot to tell you, Shannon, from Seeking to Glorify, has a Tutorial up on this, and that's where I got the recipe from! Shannon rocks the homemade recipes, since she is living overseas. Let me know how yours turned out, I am still working on getting it right, but tonight, they were much better than in the last 3 times. I figured out, I wasn't rolling them thing enough. THIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this makes me happy! we eat tortillas all the time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a great corn tortilla recipe - I'll have to send it your way! I'm excited to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try these!! and i would LOVE to try the corn tortillas too!

    ReplyDelete