Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Millionaire Candy



Well, I'm taking a break from the chemistry books to make a batch of Christmas candy. I love making food for other people! I'm making this batch to share with my neighbor and to send to Josie's kindergarten teacher. If you want a simple gift that is sure to be loved, then give these! My mama made them every year when we were growing up. It is all her brother wanted for Christmas, so she made a batch just for him. Josie (my five-year-old) has made these with my mom during the past several years, so even little ones can do it!

Ingredients:
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk (YUMMY!!)
1 package miniature marshmallows
2 cups pecans (chopped)

Directions:
Melt your chocolate chips. This is tricky, so be careful! To melt mine, I take a large pot and fill it with water and let it come to a boil. I then put my chocolate chips in a smaller pot and set that pot inside the large pot. Does that make sense? They melt fast, so you'll need to stir the chips constantly. Once you see them begin to melt, take them off the heat and just stir, stir, stir. You can also melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stir, and repeat until melted.

After the chips are melted, pour in the sweetened condensed milk and stir.

In a large bowl, toss your marshmallows and pecans together. Pour the chocolate mixture over the marshmallows and stir. With a large spoon, scoop out clusters of the candy and lay them on wax paper to dry.


2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I can even make this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe and make it every year - I call it "Million calorie candy" :)

    ReplyDelete