Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Overnight Waffles



During naptime today, I stepped away from the computer and opened up Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook to find something to make. I found these waffles and knew that I had to make them. One of the reasons was that I had one packet of yeast left over (and most of my bread recipes call for two packets). This, with a cup of hot chocolate, is going to make a perfect breakfast in the morning!

I tweaked it a little to make it my own, but it is otherwise from that terrific cookbook.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
1 package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

Directions:
Beat all of the ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth. Cover the bowl loosely and chill it overnight (or up to 24 hours).

When you're ready to make the waffles, stir the batter and then prepare them as your waffle maker directs. Discard any leftover batter.


5 comments:

  1. We don't have a waffle iron, so do you know if I can just make pancakes out of this recipe? They almost sound like sourdough or something. And you serve them with pancake syrup, right? Just like normal pancakes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was wondering if you ever use whole wheat flour in your recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara--I bought some earlier in the week to start using. Look for recipes with it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great. I'm going to try it as well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete