Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Party Popcorn



Do you need a fun treat to take to a New Year's Eve party? If so, you should try this one! My sister-in-law, Shannon, gave me a bag of this for Christmas this year, and I fell in love. . .really! I am not even that huge a fan of popcorn, but this is so tasty. I loved it so much that my husband went out and bought me my very own air popper last night so that I could have some more. It tastes great for several days, so bag it up and have a homemade snack.

Air-popped popcorn is so much healthier than microwave popcorn. You can control the seasonings and toppings that you want, and you never have to worry about the crazy chemicals that may be in it. Jeremy bought me the Presto brand air popper from Walmart, and it only cost $15. Sweet deal if you ask me!

Ingredients:

16 cups of POPPED corn (not kernels) With my popper, 16 cups was 1.5 scoops, but I'm sure that all poppers are different.
3 cups Rice Krispies
1 whole brick white almond bark (melted)
2 cups peanuts

Directions:

In a VERY large bowl, toss your popcorn, Rice Krispies, and peanuts together. Pour the melted almond bark over the whole bowl, and stir to coat all of it. Pour the whole bowl of popcorn onto large pieces of foil to cool. Store in gallon-sized ziploc bags.


3 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know your blog is becoming very near and dear to my kitchen..lol

    All your recipes I have tried so far have been wonderful and pretty simple
    Meatloaf (last night...very tasty)
    Puppy Chow (Addicting)
    Stroganofff (in the crock pot now..smells delish)

    Thanks for such a helpful blog to my new found/ developing cooking skills

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this with just popcorn, not rice krispies or peanuts. I might have to try that. And it is soooo good. Anyway, I had the apricot chicken tonight. It was a huge hit with the fam, and so wonderful to be out all day long and come home to dinner all ready. It was awesome, thanks! I believe Benjamin's exact words were, "This is the best chicken in the whole world!" =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, the sweet apricot was so yummy. And I used the just fruit, unsweetened preserves, for our dietary needs. Jay thought it was great, but asked, "It has a unique taste, what is that?" I guess it was just an unexpected sweet instead of savory that tripped him up.

    ReplyDelete