Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Three-Cheese Stuffed Shells



We're having another meatless night at our house tonight! This is quick to make, and I have a chemistry test this evening, so I'm mixing it up so that my sweet husband can bake it while I'm testing. Aaaaah, dinner will be done when I get home!

Ingredients:
1 box jumbo shell pasta (you can also use manicotti noodles)
1 can spaghetti sauce
1 large container ricotta cheese
1 cup Parmesan
1 package mozzarella cheese (shredded)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Cook your pasta and drain.

Take a large spoonful of the sauce and spread it thinly at the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. This will keep the noodles from sticking.

In a large bowl, dump in all of your ricotta and Parmesan and half of your mozzarella cheese and the seasonings. Mix well. With a spoon, stuff the shells with the cheese mixture. Place them cheese-side up in the dish and cover completely with the sauce. Top with the remaining mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until top cheese is melted.


5 comments:

  1. Your receipes sound yummy! Im defintately going to try this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Your recipe sounds yummy. I'm going to have to go home and make lasagna now, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I don't eat meat and its hard to find yummy non-crazy vegetarian recipes that the boys in my life will eat too lol. Thanks for following, I am in love with your blog...I love recipes :-) I would love to do a button exchange, you have Frugal Fridays and I do Feed me Fridays! Thought that was kinda cool
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sound yummy. I am always looking for meatless dishes that are simple and tasty.

    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete