Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Breaded & Baked Chicken



This chicken always turns out so moist and flavorful. You can make it with any cut of chicken. I found leg quarters on sale, so that's what I used, but I've used thighs and a whole cut-up chicken in the past. It is best to use bone-in pieces, though.

Ingredients:
1 package chicken
2 cups bread crumbs
1 package dry ranch mix
salt & pepper to taste
2 cups milk
1 egg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a large soup bowl, beat the egg and add the milk to it. This is your milk bath.

Take another large soup bowl and add the bread crumbs, ranch mix, and s & p. Mix well.

Dip one piece of chicken into your milk bath and then transfer it to the bread crumb mixture. Make sure to coat both sides of the chicken well. I actually dip in the milk bath, then the bread crumbs, then BACK into the milk bath and one last time into the bread crumbs. This gives it a nice crunchy coating.

Place each piece of chicken into a large baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for about 75 minutes, or until chicken is well done.


2 comments:

  1. mmm...I make this all the time and its sooo yummy. In case I haven't ever told you. I just LOVE all your recipes and your blog. You're so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying this recipe tonight but I'm using whole grain bread crumbs to make it a bit healthier.

    I tried your other chicken recipe last week and we loved it!

    ReplyDelete