Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Broccoli Slaw



My friend Kristen made this years ago and I ate it up! It is simple, healthy, and so delicious. You can find the broccoli slaw in the produce section with the other bagged salads. It is broccoli stems that have been cut into fine slivers, along with carrots cut just the same. I love the way the salad is crispy, crunchy, sweet, and sour. It's perfect!

I forgot to put the oil in the picture!!
Ingredients:
1 bag broccoli slaw
1 package ramen noodles (noodles only)
1 package slivered almonds
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil

Directions:

In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, and oil. Mix well and allow the sugar to dissolve.

In a medium-size salad bowl, pour the broccoli slaw and mix in the almonds. Break the ramen noodles into bite-size pieces and toss them in. Pour the dressing over the top and toss well.

I've seen this recipe with diced green onions added, as well, so if that floats your boat, then go for it!


4 comments:

  1. We could eat this, and I loooove broccoli slaw. Anyway, I got to thinking that the chili spaghetti I posted for dinner last night would work for your Frugal Fridays, but I can't figure out the McLinky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried this with Ramen Noodles or almonds before. I usually use sunflower seeds, bacon and mayo. Will have to give this a try some time. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorites!! Love it. Just realized I never visited your blog from when you commented on my post about honey glazed curry chicken, and I'm definitely adding you to my list of reads. Your site is fantastic, plus I always like meeting fellow Okies. :)

    ReplyDelete