Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Chicken and Dumplings Casserole



Do you ever need a quick dish at the end of a busy day? I do sometimes, and although this is not the healthiest dinner that I could prepare, it is quick and easy, and what's not to love about chicken, cheese, and crescent rolls? I'm sure that you could make this dish about 1000 times healthier, but between well-child checks, portraits being taken, exchanges to be made, groceries to be bought, Disneyworld trips to be researched (yes, we're going in April and are so excited!), baths to be given. . .you get the idea. . .I'm just too tired to do it today.

I promise to get the pictures of the Breaded and Baked Chicken up sometime this evening. I hate when I don't have pictures with my posts, but I haven't had the chance to upload from my camera in the last couple of days.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups chicken (cooked and shredded)
1/2 cup cheese (grated)
2 cans crescent rolls
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 (small) can chicken broth (I'm using 1/2 regular-sized can.)
1 cup milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a bowl, combine the chicken and 2 tablespoons of the cheese.

Separate the rolls and spoon the chicken mixture into each one. Roll the crescents up, and place in a large baking dish.

Combine the soup, broth, and milk in a saucepan, and heat over low. After it is warmed, pour over the crescents. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and bake for 30-35 minutes.


5 comments:

  1. Im glad to have come across your blog, i need some new recipes! I also wanted to share my site with you since it says you have 3 kids! (any girls?) Hope youll check it out! :)
    www.Sugarandspice1.etsy.com
    www.Sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this with low-fat crescent rolls (the store brand actually have less fat than the brand name), and low fat cheese, and low fat soup. It's still not super-healthy, but a little better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!!! So easy, I totally want to try this!

    Just FYI, your twitter widget is a little too wide. It's overlapping your comment box. Just FYI in case you didn't know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely have to try this!! Thank you for sharing. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! That sounds soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete